It Definitely Was A White Christmas

The first of several snow removals.
And for the second year in a row, we had almost more snow than we knew what to do with.  This picture is of The Husband on his first go 'round pushing the snow away.  (We were hoping to get out the driveway to go visit the local grandchilluns.)  There were several more episodes of snow-pushing with the John Deere before the end of the snow-fall.

We finally did manage to get out of the driveway in early evening.  Though by then the skies were clearing and with all the new snow the temperatures plummeted - it made the least bit of moisture on the pavement freeze.  Scary to drive on.  When I got up this morning around 7 it was 2 degrees out. A bit cold. But stunningly lovely.
Very Fun Socks!

Yesterday was a nice day overall.  We had our own private gifting early on.  A second round with one of our children a bit later.  Another round when our grandson arrived.  And the final round when we visited the kids.  How lovely to have their complete focus and attention.

We finished off the day with a dish of ice cream.  Perfect.

I received these cutest socks from a friend.  It strikes a chord in my book-lover's (and necessarily following, this library lover's) heart.

Today we visited another son/daughter-in-law/grandson.  Our son likes to tout his anti-giftness.  But we really scored today - with a beautiful book he's long wanted.  I don't often manage to get it right but when I do...my heart is so happy!

And lest anyone reading think all I cared about was the gifts, please don't be mistaken:  I am fully aware and totally grateful for the knowledge we have of Heavenly Father and His gift to our world of Jesus Christ, our Savior.  Nothing ever could compare. I'm so grateful for that blessing.

I'm grateful for kind friends, for family and for my bestest friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment