Terrific Tuesday

At least I'm planning on a terrific day today.

I've been in my head a lot lately, thinking a lot, perhaps too much.  Lots of things that happen in this life (including death) can prompt a fair amount of introspection.

The safe (and not-flight-delayed) arrival of The Husband caused my world to right itself.  He makes me so happy.  We spent as much time together over the weekend as we could, just to "be" together.

Sunday required some more shoveling of snow, and I'm guessing by the end of today we might actually catch a glimpse of the grass again.

Yesterday I was so glad I opted to visit a friend in the hospital.  My visit ended with her receiving word she was going home that afternoon.  So glad I didn't delay the visit.  And frankly, I think the visit benefitted me more than her.  It was so delightful.  Then I walked over to the hospital pharmacy where another friend works.  She dropped everything to come out and share a few minutes of chat with me.  Then last night I received an email from a friend reaching out though we're many miles apart.  And I received this cutest card from some loved ones. I am so surrounded by the best people - those who are kind. I likely don't deserve their kindness and friendship but my heart swells in gratitude for them.
Doesn't she look fun?

Came across this obituary in the paper this morning.  I don't know this woman, but I immediately was drawn to this picture.  She looks almost like she's laughing - I wanted to share her happiness.  And then and there decided that obituary pictures should always be a picture of laughter.  (And yes, that's just my opinion.) What a delightful way to be remembered.

And I'm thinking that so far, the surfacing theme of this year is encouragement.  I seem to be looking for/finding it all around me.  Kind of goes with that underlying and ongoing principle of hope that I so love.

This is a great thought:

“God expects you to have enough faith and determination and enough trust in Him to keep moving, keep living, keep rejoicing. In fact, He expects you not simply to face the future (that sounds pretty grim and stoic); He expects you to embrace and shape the future--to love it and rejoice in it and delight in your opportunities.

God is anxiously waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as He always has. But He can't if you don't pray, and He can't if you don't dream. In short, He can't if you don't believe.” 
― Jeffrey R. Holland

I'm grateful for this beautiful world, my walk in 16 degrees this morning was just the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment