The Best Part...

Love this view at the park.
The best part of today?  The Husband arrives late tonight!

Headed out early for a few things, so I didn't get my walk in this morning.  Deciding to mix things up I walked over to the library this afternoon.  46 degrees with varying amounts of sun that turned to mostly clouds, it was absolutely perfect for a stroll down the trail.

Greedy Ladies
Maya and Jo Jo (it's kind of weird that I know the names of the neighborhood horses...and dogs, though it's good that I know the names of most of the neighborhood kids!) wanted even more carrots the second time I walked past their pasture.  Not enough treats in the world for them.

As I walked around to the door of the library it felt strange - I'm generally walking over there in the wee early morning hours, not midafternoon when the parking lot is full of cars and the park is abundant with kids. I kinda liked it.

Yes, it was prettier in person.
At Relief Society last night it came up that we don't really do family pictures.  For lots of reasons.  (We have always been independent, by necessity, and thus don't fit the "normal" family profile for this area.)  So this morning while I'm driving around I answer my phone.  To hear a sister from the ward telling me she's really great at picture taking, she's even done some weddings and if I ever want to have a formal family picture done, she's offering to do it!  Even if it's only The Husband and I, she's anxious to take our pictures.  Thoughtful.  (But probably not, thank you.)

And my brother's services are set for a bit over a week from now.  I'm thinking I'm probably not going to go.  I almost got the sense it would be best if I didn't.  Things are rarely simple, and I surely don't want to complicate matters.  My kids have been great - so kind and sensitive.  I've heard from all four of them on multiple occasions this week, received flowers, it's helped.  A lot.  Even though my brother and I weren't exactly tight, it's still sobering/difficult/sad and even somewhat shocking to lose a sibling.

So today, I like this little quote: "Most people carrying heavy loads begin to doubt themselves and their own worth.  We lighten their loads as we are patient with their weaknesses and celebrate whatever goodness we can see in them.  The Lord does that."  --Henry B. Eyring

I'm grateful for the patience others have for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment