Visit

Had a visit today from the Relief Society presidency, well, most of them.  It was fun to chat. I like that they're making an effort to visit each sister in her home since the formation of this new ward.  It must be challenging, all the time it takes.  But, there's something about women visiting with women. We adore our husbands, but at least in my mind, women still need women.

Stopped at the little chair at the store yesterday to have my blood pressure taken.  Having that done always makes me nervous, even when it's just me and a machine.  I can always feel my heart pounding.  I was so pleasantly surprised yesterday:  I'm normal!  For once in my life, I'm normal at something.  (This is the best my blood pressure has been in a while.) Must have been my sunrise walk.
Image result for your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does
And I came across this quote today that I like.  Beliefs are important, they can and should define us.  But it's what we do with those beliefs that makes the difference.

Tonight we're off to the play, what a delightful privilege it is to have that to look forward to.

I'm grateful for beliefs that keep me grounded. That encourage me to be kind, even when perhaps that kindness isn't necessarily warranted by the circumstances.  I really do know that that is what Heavenly Father wants for me, and for all of us, to be kind. To make sure my behavior (and to leave another's behavior in his/her own hands) is in alignment with my beliefs. I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment