Finished!

It took me nearly a year, but I completed it.  I requested (and received) this for Christmas 2014, because I wouldn't spend as much as this cost on something so luxurious. But I loved the design.  I started it just under a year ago.  I'd work on it for a while, then put it away for weeks at a time, coming back to it with a renewed energy.  I loved each and every stitch.  I'm trying not to think about how much the frame will be! (At 11" x 13", plus mats it definitely not be on the cheap end.)

We received this cutest card in the mail today.  How lovely to know that the handwritten note (as well as the formal thank-you) isn't completely dead yet. It was just perfect for this snowy Monday.

The Husband has spent a couple hours digging out our driveway today.  We are so grateful for the city snowplows that keep the roads clear.  It's not really possible for them to keep the snow from collecting at the driveway entrances, making it near impossible to get out onto the street.  I'm so pleased at The Husband's kind thoughtfulness in clearing the snow for the neighbors also, so that we can all come and go whenever we need.  He's a keeper! (And yes, I think those angels are keeping an eye on him, too!)

I went for a long long walk on Friday morning - back to my original route.  Did just fine.  Or so I thought.  Today I'm back in my compression socklet. It feels so much better with the sock.  I thought that six months after the injury would be plenty of healing time, but apparently not.

And I love this quote.  I love phrasing here:  "catching" excellence. (I've previously written my thoughts on perfection - it's overrated/impossible.)

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.

Today, I'm grateful for projects that are fun to do and just as fun to complete - on to the next one! I'm even grateful today for the snow.  It means the summer will be better all around. And this year we're planning on a garden.  It'll be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment