Lunch Tuesday

Yes, I get to go out to lunch with a friend today!  Yay for me!

The weekend was interesting - I've a few thoughts to share.

• The other morning as we headed out there was a car we didn't recognize parked in front of our house.  (It was 7:15 - too early for visitors.) So we stopped next to it so I could ask if someone needed help.  And there was our neighbor who lives around the corner, sitting so still, head down, eyes closed. How lovely to see her praying.

• I received in the mail a sweet letter from my niece, it was both unexpected and warmth to my heart.

What a luxury!
• Substituted on the organ for Sacrament meeting.  A sister that I have never spoken to mentioned that she paid attention to the hymns I'd played for prelude, and that they spoke to her, thanks for choosing them.

• I received a box of my favorite chocolates.  These are filled with cherry fondant.  Now, I don't need these chocolates.(Quite probably the opposite.)  But the giver went out of his way to get them, knowing that my heart would be touched, how I'd savor each one (and quite probably share them with him, too!).  What a fun surprise.

• Yesterday I received a quick text from the R. S. president - telling me she'd heard some really nice things about me.

• I got over-eager to solve a problem, found out I'd over-stepped, sent out an apology and received in return extra kindness.

The reason I note all these different things?  I love that we can readily see the goodness in people around us.  People who take time to share the beauty in life, to create influential relationships, to be examples of the Savior's brand of kindness.

This quote that I saw just yesterday pretty much fits. Each of these people I mentioned (and likely many of those who inhabit this earth) carry that beauty (the love of our Savior) with them.

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.

I'm grateful for the Savior's example and sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment