BPPV

Blooming Magnolia
Otherwise known as Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo.  They're pretty sure that's what's going on with me.  Teensy natually occurring calcium crystals that move out of position in your teensy ear parts.  Then interfere with the normal motion of the fluid that regulates balance, sending false signals to your brain that you're...out of balance.

Smells mighty sweet
Was treated to re-position those teensy calcium crystals.  Told to not bend over, look up way high, lay flat, move suddenly for 48  hours.  Wait a week to make sure it took.  If not, then do these exercises to re-re-position the crystals.  And you're good to go.  At least that's the theory.  I'm not 100% convinced so far.  Wasn't awfully impressed with the new ENT and his offices (40 minutes past appointment time and then I'm invited back?  By that time a visit to the ladies' was in order.)

I'm still quite fuzzy headed even though he says I passed the exam with flying colors.  We'll see how I do. Hopefully the dizzy part is done.
Lilacs-in-training

Have taken grundles of pictures on my walks - the blooming trees are in their finest spring attire.  The grass is greening by the minute.  And rain is predicted for tomorrow.  It's lovely.

The house is smelling mighty fine at the moment; am trying out a new-to-me cookiebar recipe. Here's a link:  http://cookiesandcups.com/dulce-de-leche-snack-squares/  If they taste near as good as they smell we'll have happy tastebuds!  Last night's dinner (leftover crockpot beef stroganoff) was still pretty tasty.  I might kinda-sorta-maybe-not-really-finally get a teensy bit of a handle on that cooking thing after lo these many decades.  Or maybe not.  It's fun to try something new and have a staunch supporter of my efforts no matter how it really tastes.

Am anxious for the new phone to be shipped - the loaner phone is aging and its battery (non)life is worrisome to this battery level watcher. I miss having a good phone.  Silly me, complaining about my luxuries / blessings again.

I'm grateful for the apparent non-issue my dizziness is deemed to be.  For an evening out with friends tomorrow, for speaking to a complete stranger on the phone only to hang up and feel like I've made a new friend.  For springtime.  And for the quick nap I hope to grab in a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment