Restless

This has been one of those restless days.  Lots of stuff to do, not in the mood to do any of it.

Tried to get involved in a book.  It's a Whitney award winner for this year and within the first few pages I was annoyed with the main character.  She lies, picks the lock on her Dad's filing cabinet, lies some more, and that's like in the very first chapter.  This is the heroine?

Clearly this book wasn't working for me.

Woke up this morning not in the mood to walk.  Me? Yup.  Maybe it's because I'm just not feeling my youthful self.  If I started in on what is achey, my list would be boringly long!

It's been a busy but productive week.  The Husband got on board and after multiple phone calls, managed to round up a couple people to help move our piano.  Parlor Size Schimmel Grand. Heavy. I'm loathe to spend money so I wasn't up for spending $95-145 for the professionals.  Two strong guys and The Husband and the piano is 10 feet to the west in a much more pleasing place and all three of its legs are still intact.  Awesome!

The Charger is all fixed - and back in its place in the garage. The garage door guy has been and measured.  Hopefully they'll order and install the replacement door soon.  I didn't think we used that door that much, but apparently I was mis-thinking.

The tree guy was here this afternoon.  The cottonwoods have had a trim.  The sun'll be able to reach the veggie garden better.  Really, our whole yard seems more open to the view and the sky. Much as it pains me to admit it, those two yard bookends look much better.

Mrs. (or is it miss?) Oriole - Welcome back!
Tomorrow morning the wiring guy will arrive to do some wiring for the security cameras.  I remember when we first acquired a home with an alarm system and how wrong it felt to me to live in that situation - where you have to keep your house alarmed against intruders. Now we're having to take it a step further and have cameras.  If only people would not break into cars on the driveway. If only people wouldn't steal things.

But the bestest part of the week?  The orioles have returned!  I've been anxiously waiting to hear their arrival announcement.  She always "chatters" (otherwise known as her "begging call") when she comes to the feeder.  This picture was taken through the not-yet-spring-cleaned window.  I so love to see those friends of ours come back every year.  They're so beautiful.

I'm so grateful for the wherewithal to have stuff done that needs doing.  That there are those we can call to take of stuff that is beyond us.  I'm grateful for yummy brownies!

No comments:

Post a Comment