A New Week

It's Monday and it's nice to feel like Monday - the holiday on Thursday really messed with my head. And I'm still smiling inside my head every time I think about our little grandson and how he greeted me when they arrived on Thursday.  He literally lunged for me.  And then wrapped his little arms around my neck and squeezed.  Melting heart...yup.  And I loved it.

We had some friends over for dinner the other night and had such a delightful time.  We generally go out with them - but I couldn't face the post-Thanksgiving crowds.  It was low key and lovely to just sit and chat for a couple hours.

And we had a nice weekend overall - relationships can be hard and I think people should at least pretend they want to be here.  We got Christmas up, cleaned some in the basement.  Rotated our mattress (which we rotated back this morning because I ended up on the couch, couldn't sleep, body aches).  The Husband's only outdoor Christmas decorations went up (they are lights that shine on a tree, when the wind blows (as it usually does here in Draper) it looks like the lights are twinkling) and he loves them.  Makes me happy that something makes him happy.

Sunday came and went, my Sunday School class was ok although it never seems to go quite as I envision when I plan the lesson/discussion.  We've managed to make some inroads on Christmas gifts, though we're spending less this year and trying to get stuff that won't cost an arm and leg to ship to the geographically distant loved ones.  Everyone already has lots of stuff, more really than any of us needs.

Time for a new Swiffer, love it!
And I was glad I went to Target today.  Unbeknownst to me (is it because I no longer get the newspaper?  sigh....) there was a Holiday Shopping Discount of 15% applied to each shopper's total. I picked up a couple towels to donate to a shelter, telling myself it wasn't much, it'd be absorbed into the budget and be fine.  The discount total was more than the cost of the towels.  Made me glad I'd tossed them into the cart.  It was time for a new Swiffer.  I bought my first  one before we moved into this house, and we've been here 15 years.  I use it pretty much every day, it's perfect for the tile throughout our kitchen/hall.  How delightful to have a new one.

And today I'm grateful for friends that seem to enjoy spending time with us. We so love them.  I'm grateful for moisture that makes it seem like winter is finally here, we need it!  I'm grateful for a treadmill that enables me to get some walking done inside when the weather is frightful outside (avoiding a broken hip/foot/leg this way) and a book to read whilst I'm walking.  I'm grateful for a husband who isn't afraid to work hard for us. Who provides for us in such a generous way.  And for warm socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment