Fluctuating Moods

I've been a teensy bit moody lately.  Things just kind of affect me.  My emotions have been up and down and all over the place.  For instance:

• Saturday was weird.  There wasn't a movie to see (we're saving the one we want to see for when we go out with friends this coming weekend).  So it felt like we didn't have anything to do.  Ended up at Costco where both of us came home a tad down.  The crowds were overwhelming (as was my list) and manners seem to have disappeared.

• Grabbed the mail on our way to Costco and opened a "statement" from the magazine I'm still trying to gift to my friend.  The name listed was totally misspelled. The address didn't exist. And of course when I called to figure out this latest hiccup there wasn't any account number and they demand an account number.  The non-English speaker assured me that the magazine subscription is in order, the name is right as is the address.  And then he wanted to sell me more subscriptions.  Sigh....

Grateful for this heater.
• Came home Saturday afternoon to a frozen toilet.  The toilet pipes that is.  Our powder room hasn't had any issues since we had the insulation fixed.  But we have had negative degree temps lately.  That toilet isn't usually an issue.  We searched all over the house for our spare space heater.  And still can't figure out what happened to it.  We had two.  So I retrieved the one we loaned to our neighbor (their pipes had frozen also) and within a few hours we had a working toilet again.  Thank heavens it isn't our only toilet.

• Started the prelude on the opening song in Sacrament meeting yesterday morning in the wrong key.  Seriously.  Again? Had to begin all over.  Was super embarrassed.

• Found out that my visiting teaching is all changed.  I have a new partner and several new ladies. (Though I've yet to see my assignment paper, this is only what I was told.)  Am nervous about the new assignments.  And will miss "my" sisters.

Aloe is good for burns, and apparently for air quality as well.
• Sat through Gospel Principles with such a sense of peace.  I was engrossed in the lesson - my replacement is a great teacher.  And I thoroughly enjoyed being there.  How lovely it was to not be stressed about Sunday School. (Organ stressing is anxiety enough!)

• Have a new burn (in the same spot on my face) from my curling iron.  After all these years you'd think I'd be more proficient with that curling iron.  Spent quite a few minutes looking for my bottle of aloe to put on the burn so it heals quicker.  Couldn't find it. (And what is it with all these lost things? I thought I was pretty responsible about taking care of belongings.  I guess maybe it's just stuff we rarely use.) Found some other ointment which I applied. Then laughed at my dufus-y self.  I'd walked past our aloe plants like 6 times.  I could've just got a tip of the plant, the real thing and it would have worked the very best!

• Spent a couple hours watching some recorded tv last night.  During which I received the most wonderful rejuvenating foot/leg massage from The Husband.  I so love his touch.  And I love even more that he sacrifices to make my feet and ankles feel so good.  That was a treasure.

That's ice- thick ice.
• Woke up yesterday morning to ice - everywhere.  I know they get ice like this from freezing rain back east.  I have never ever seen anything like it.  When I drove over to the church I pretty well slid down the driveway, and struggled getting back up.  I'm glad that's a rarity here.

Rocks?
• I've included a picture of The Husband's bathroom sink.  I think I'd be safe in saying not many people have a stack of rocks on their sink.  I haven't a clue why they're there.  He likely has a reason.  It just made me chuckle again - as it usually does when I scour his sink.

• I'm off in a bit to the dentist for that cracked crown replacement.  My stomach is in knots.  I have a stress headache.  And to put it mildly, I'm nervous.  This is so not my preference for something enjoyable.

But, I still have gratitude. I'm grateful that this silly crown (cracked though it is) has lasted so long. (And I'm so grateful for insurance that'll help with the cost.) I've eked out much more time on that than the dentist expected.  I'm grateful for warmer temps today.  The rain kept me in on the treadmill, but I'm always grateful for moisture from the heavens. I'm grateful that there seems to be no huge consequences from the toilet freezing.  And that so far we've all been protected when we're out and about in the weather.  I'm grateful for Fast Sunday and for knowing that Heavenly Father is watching out for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment