And Yay for Friday Again!

I don't know why I'm so happy for it to be Friday.  I've been so confused all week about what day it is, maybe I'm glad it's Friday so that next week I can get back on track.

Beautiful view!
Yesterday the weather was, well, frightful.  Snowy and cold and windy and repeat. I was concerned about making it to our play across the valley.  We made it with oodles of time to spare and spent our pre-play time standing around waiting with all the other souls who left home super early so as to not miss the play.

The play?  Not my favorite.  It was The Nerd. And the actors were great. But the content was so dated and not very "politically correct" in today's culture.  There were a few laughs but not enough to call it a truly successful play-evening.  As The Husband said, it was an excuse to have a bit of a date together which we always love.

And today it is truly lovely outside.  At 7 this morning the temperature was -1. Yeah, cold. But by 11:30 it was nearly 20.  So I headed out on a walk.  I've been saving up my library books to return to the library (a frequent goal of my morning walks: returning books to the library, I love that walk to and from the park).  So I took all four of the books and schlepped them over to the library in the sunshine.  It was cold so I dressed in layers.  Lots of layers.  Too many layers.  I overdressed. Figured I'd just drop the books in the return and head home.  But the lure of all those books on the library shelves was too much to resist.  I came home with 5 books, one more than I returned. Hopefully that extra weight I was carrying (along with the weight of all those layers of clothes) helped burn some extra calories.

Today I'm grateful for sunshine that makes the snow sparkle.  I've often said there's not enough sparklies in the world.  The snow sparklies are so fun! I'm grateful for warm boots that keep my feet warm when trudging along the snow-packed trail.  I'm grateful for a book pile that looks so inviting - hopefully my anticipation will be fulfilled in some great read.  I'm grateful for hugs - that other hug-ee might have needed the hug but I'm the one that benefits. And I'm grateful for a heart that feels hope - makes smiling so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment