Clumsy

Black is always in style.
So glad for gloves!
I've long blamed my mother for my clumsiness.  I fear I've mis-applied the blame.  I think I'm clumsy all on my own.

Was peeling potatoes and carrots for the crockpot (love my crockpot, especially on Sundays!) yesterday morning and peeled the end of my finger.  Sigh.  I didn't yell out, or cry or swear, but I sure felt dumb! So I'm sporting a bandage.  These Curad performance bandages are the best we've been able to find.  Their adhesive sticks but doesn't leave residue.  And we love their funky colors - I guess if you're going to wear a bandage you might as well be bold about it.  Today's is blue (even the pad inside is blue).  The black was quite the fashion statement yesterday at church.

Waffle grilled cheese sammich
We've gotten a bit smarter over the years about household supplies. We now have a small stock of these vinyl gloves - sized for The Husband and me.  It's amazing how useful they are.  I was able to finish the day including meal preparation and clean up without having to change out the bandage.  (And on a side note, I'm always surprised at how much orange staining comes out of carrots!)

Was given a sammich the other day.  How immensely creative - making sandwiches in the waffle iron!  I love the way the bread ends up a bit crispy.  Totally fun.

So Saturday was another movie-free day.  It'd be nice if some really good movies came along so we'd have some fun recreation each Saturday.  That's kind of been our thing.  Instead The Husband worked on a cantankerous clock, filled some shelves in the shop (freeing up the floor space - yay!) and finished up the metal electrical boxes for the lighting in the bathroom that he's been anxious to finish up.  We had a yummy lunch at Cubby's and I even dragged him along to a needlework shop - I'm gathering supplies for my next project, the current one is nearly finished.

Loved my morning view!
It was lovely to spend the day together, accomplish a few things and just generally enjoy some stress-less time.  Even the weather was beautiful.  I often complain about the wind, but this time of year, I actually look forward to it and the way it scours all the gunk from our air.  Though I does make it a mite challenging for my morning walks.

After months of being together, this is the week The Husband is in CA for his work.  It's going to be an interesting week.  The management edicts (and personnel changes) have impacted his work, and not in a good way. I already miss him terribly.  The house feels less vibrant when he's gone.  But I've lots to do - I try to keep busy so I don't get so sad.

So today, I'm grateful for airplanes that make his travel (and his working from home) possible, for cell phones that help us keep in instant communication.  For vinyl gloves to keep my finger dry and healing quickly.  For morning walks in clean air with music playing in my ears and cloud filled sky that keeps my eyes happy.  I'm grateful for kind friends that agree to do a bit of serging for me (my skirt has been waiting a long time for some help so I can wear it).  I'm grateful for leftover soup in the fridge for dinner. And for an almost done project.  I hope she likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment