Mid-Week

About 6:50 a.m.
And it feels like spring outside!  The temps are upper 50's, not too windy and the day has been gorgeous.  The morning was so lovely I took numerous pictures on my walk.  And while it feels like spring, I'm not rushing the season...not like the girl I saw the other morning.  She drove up, parked her car, and trotted into the high school.  Shirt sleeves, gym pants and barefoot!  That morning it was in the mid-30's.  Yeah, that had to have been cold.

About 7:15 a.m.
I took the cross-stitch in to be framed, the cost was about as expected.  I have a goal to do one for each of my granddaughters.  Recognizing that it is probably more for me than them, but if they keep them, perhaps at some point in their lives they'll be glad I cared enough for them to take a few hours to make something just for them.  My usual framer wasn't there today - she's out on maternity leave and I didn't even know she was expecting.  I count on her eye to help me choose the mat and frame. Today, without her, it didn't feel quite the same.  I'm sure it'll turn out fine, at least I hope so.  I'm anxious to see the finished product.
About 7:30 a.m.

About noon thirty
After ordering the frame I meandered my way out of the store.  When you shop as rarely as I do (which really isn't very often) everything in the stores seems fresh and new and fun.  I stood in front of a couple of wall hangings and seriously thought about where I could hang each of them.  Decided instead to just take a picture and came home.  (The frame for the cross stitch was more than enough money spent!)

I liked this one.
And I always love bikes with, especially with flowers.
Day after tomorrow, The Husband will be home and my world will spin properly once again. Life is so different without him here.  Even with all the technology at our fingertips, it's a bit of a challenge for me when he's gone, I have to dig pretty deep to find even a semblance of cheer.

I'm grateful today for words of hope that encourage and uplift.  And for the times (though they aren't near as frequent as I'd like) when something helps me to keep from speaking when I really do need to be silent. At 65 years of age I'm still learning those social graces, I have more of the social almost-graces. And I'm grateful for food gifts cards to choose from where to eat tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Your last three posts have been some of the best and sweetest yet! You have such a wonderful way with words... like: "cantankerous clock" and "stress-less time". Then there's the timeline photos of the morning's arrival. And so much more. Your blog is always so much fun to read!

    ReplyDelete