Life Can Be So Interesting

Yesterday a.m. looking east.
Yesterday morning I went for a walk and had to take a couple pictures of the beautiful morning. Today's walk was no less beautiful.  I love when the air is so cold and crisp that you can see clear across the valley - all those miles to the mountains on the other side.  When it's cold out, there are fewer people on the trail and the quiet is so restorative.  Usually there's some women running in pairs that yell at each other because they're out of breath and don't realize they're yelling so loud you can hear them coming a half mile away, but that early and in the cold, there aren't generally too many of them.

Yesterday a.m. looking west
This morning looking w-a-y west
Yesterday after lunch, The Husband managed to break away for a few minutes and we went for our post-meal 15 minute walk.  Lovely out when we left the house, finished the walk in the windy snowfall. Only moments after arriving home it was sunny out once again.  Yep, late winter.

New month's calendar page
So, I've been struggling with a challenge.  On my morning walks I "argue" my position - though the other person doesn't even realize he's part of the conversation.  I fuss about it in my sleep.  And right now the only course of action is to....wait.  I'm not great at that. Yesterday morning in my scripture reading I came across a section of verses that will arm me when the actual conversation takes place. Then this morning I turned the calendar page to March.  Almost laughed out loud.  An interesting slogan for the month.  We'll see how long I allow the situation to continue.  :^)

And I can't stop thinking about this quote from the February visiting teaching message.  The whole message was uplifting - talking about the Atonement of the Savior and what it means for us.  Stuck at the very end was this quote by Linda K. Burton, general R. S. president.

That supreme act of love ought to send each of us to our knees in humble prayer to thank our Heavenly Father for loving us enough that He sent His Only Begotten and perfect Son to suffer for our sins, our heartaches, and all that seems unfair in our own individual lives.

It was the inclusion of "all that seems unfair in our individual lives"  that has not left my mind.  Life is full of unfair, things are rarely fair.  And it can be so very painful.  But, yes, the Atonement even covers that, the price has already been paid.  Hard to comprehend, especially when I feel mired in unfair.

I'm grateful this morning for wise counsel.  For morning walks that allow my soul to breath, give me time to seriously pray to Heavenly Father and steel myself for the challenges of the day.  (My spine apparently needs lots of stiffening.) I'm grateful for those who approach me with understanding instead of judgement. And yes, I'm even grateful for agency - that I can, when appropriate, choose what's best for me, I'll be anxiously watching to see the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment