Favorite Weekday: Thursday

About 7:15 a.m. across the valley / just amazing.
I've mentioned I've been in my head a lot.  And I need to get out and around people a little more.  So, this morning on my walk I actually reveled in the emptiness of the trail - only saw 4 people the whole 90 minutes.  Yup, still in my head.

But, I want to share a couple articles I've read today.  Lots of good things to think about in their words.

Survival

And this one from the Deseret Morning News - which I can no longer call the newspaper since I read it electronically.  Not only is it strange to not have an actual paper any longer, I'm having vocabulary issues with it!  :^)

Compassion

Love this lilac-lined path.
Life is full of hard things.  Recently it's become kind of trendy to say "I can do hard things".  I know the phrase is meant to encourage.  But in my mind, people are already doing hard things just facing (and conquering) daily life. Whether it's facing medical issues, workplace problems, fixing / maintaining those things that benefit us (appliances, cars, homes) or whatever it is, we do hard things when facing it all with a sense of equanimity, and finding ways to rejoice in all the blessings.  There are blessings,  even in the hardness of life. How grateful I am for this life and the hope that I can learn and improve my perspective and abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment