Monday Morning

Clematis
And I'm glad that Mother's Day is over and done.  It turned out to be a bit harder for me than I thought.  But it's done now, and I can move on.

Columbine
So I dove in to arrange a meal for a family (in my new capacity as Compassionate Service Leader) and was pleased that it happened pretty quickly.  Then, catching up on the lists that were given me (the ones that we use to keep track of who has done what) I discovered this very sister took dinner in to another family just a week or so ago. I was troubled that I asked her again so soon.  So I texted her ( to explain) and asked her if she'd rather I get someone else.  This was her response:  "It's fine, I figure that the Lord doesn't say,"hey, I just helped you!" Haha no problem."

Sunrise.
Wow, what an amazing attitude.  And what an example to me.  I surely needed that reminder.

Today's pictures: the clematis we planted at the corner of the garage has just exploded with blooms. It's still a small plant, but so lovely.  The purple flowers are a form of columbine.  The first year we planted them we were a bit disappointed, figured they weren't happy there and would never be pretty. And every year they come back and bloom just to make us smile.  The sunrise was particularly lovely through the canyon with the clouds on the mountain peaks. And the cat?  It was just meandering along on the railroad tracks, parallel to my path.  You can't really tell, but the sun and shadows really set a mood.
Cat along the tracks.

I'm grateful today for willing hearts and hands who don't begrudge being asked to do a meal again already.  I'm grateful for a husband who doesn't shy away from difficulties, who persists in problem-solving even when they're frustrating (he's been working on the irrigation for the veggie gardens and frustration is a mild form of the emotions that he's been experiencing).  I'm grateful for those who make me a priority and not leave me feeling like I'm only worth the leftovers (leftover time, leftover attention, leftover gift-thoughts), and never make me feel like an embarrassment to them.  And hopefully, someday I'll really learn the lesson that it isn't all about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment