Wow! Two Days In A Row

Pretty moon.
The older I get, the less I think I have anything of value to say.  So, here I am, putting down some thoughts two days in a row.  That hasn't been the norm of late.

So yesterday I tried a new-to-me cookie recipe.  Too easy to taste that good.  But I liked them.  Even had one for breakfast.

Loved the sun and shadows.
And I've taken a few pictures.  The moon hanging in the morning sky, above the sun-drenched mountains on the west side of the valley was so pretty.  Too bad my picture can't begin to do justice to the beautiful morning.  And the one of the trees in the park?  That's the sun just coming up and its light and shadows amongst the trees set such a scene.  And I had to laugh when I saw that little diagram about not worrying.  Yeah, that's pretty impossible for me.  Even when pointed out how it isn't necessary.  To be fair, I'm w-a-y better than I used to be.  Still room for progress, though.

And I'm wondering this morning if I look totally incompetent?  Stopped to get some gas in the car, the gas station has new dispensing machines.  And I'm doing fine, figuring things out.  When all of a sudden, at my elbow, hovering with non-stop instructions so loud I had trouble even thinking was the attendant.  She even took my payment card right out of my hand to show me how to do (what I was already doing) it.  Finally I asked if I could just figure it out on my own.  Sure, she says.  But her focus and direction was barely reduced.  And then I had to stand and listen while she went on some vocal ramble about the location names of the other stations in the chain.
A favorite flower of mine.

I read an article this morning that hasn't left my mind. Committed To Christ  I was particularly taken by the paragraphs where she talked about her decision to be committed to returning to live with our Heavenly Father no matter her situation.  And how it changed her thinking (and I'm guessing her prayers) when she decided she was all in, committed to Christ no matter what.  I love that example.

It's always interesting to me how much we rely on prayer.  It seems a small thing to pray for someone else.  And yet, I can't help but think how much Heavenly Father must like to hear from us, even when we seem to be constantly pleading our case (whether for us or someone we love).  Our acknowledgement that we cannot get through this existence without divine help must surely be helpful.  As we commit our lives to following the Savior, even through our imperfections and struggles, our souls can't help but be enriched by our dedication to His example. I'm counting on that.

I'm grateful for being smart enough to figure a lot of stuff out on my own. For new recipes to try and those who don't mind sampling the results.  I'm grateful for the stunning beauty of the flowers in bloom - even in the trees.  And I'm grateful to know if I follow the Savior's path, my life will be better all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment