A Couple Pictures and A Quote

I'm a naturally early riser.  I'm completely awake and aware at an early hour.  This morning, though, it was the quality of the light that brought me to the window to watch the sun color the clouds.  It was mostly dark, then bright orange and then just mostly light.  This picture was about 15 minutes past the peak color, but still lovely. And I noticed a truck alongside the trail pull over, the driver stick his phone out the window and take a picture of the sunrise, too.  I'm glad I wasn't the only one loving the morning beauty.

And the other picture?  Our weather station - and yes, it really does read 105 degrees right now.  Makes me wonder what the official high temp reading will be for the day.

And I'm antsy - waiting and waiting to hear how many family members will be at the funeral luncheon so I can order the food that needs ordering.  I'm feeling frustrated, but don't want to cause any issues.  Patience.....

I came across this quote today that I really like (italics added):

“No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to our education, to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude and humility. All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our characters, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called the children of God --Orson F. Whitney.

It's that enduring patiently that is sometimes the toughest.

Our tricolor beeches which are still amazingly pretty (though that won't last with the heat) are filled with chickadees enjoying some sort of meal.  Chickadees aren't usually this low in elevation by this time of year, but I welcome their distinctive call, the up-and-down flight and their cute little frame. But - do I need to spray the trees, is whatever they're eating harmful to the trees?  A quandary for sure.

And I'm grateful for PTO in the form of sick days, The Husband is kind of miserable.  I'm grateful for those who don't wait to be asked but take meals to sufferers on their own.  I'm grateful for a comfortable home, especially one that's near trails for me to walk in the morning - I actually made it out on the trail after several days absence and I find my mental outlook more pleasant as a result.  I'm grateful for a nice pan to cook in.  And I'm grateful for people who return phone calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment