Monday That Needs a Quiet Nap

So it was an interesting week last week.  We had appointments and visits and more appointments. Neither one of us has any cavities - YAY for us!  The dr. has answered most of The Husband's questions and I think he might be willing to at least give a CPAP a try.  I headed to Utah Co. to order ham for the funeral (it was lovely ham, I'll use them again), to Costco to order the cakes and then back to both places to pick up those necessary items.

I love the spiral way these geraniums open, they're so pretty!
I spent many minutes on my knees praying for enough help, enough food and enough presence of mind to handle all that needed handling.  We had plenty of help, plenty of food and I didn't lose my mind and flee the building with wails of tears or frustration.  It all seemed to go well enough.  The family seemed grateful and the chapel was full for the funeral.  Over the course of my day (especially at the church) between the hours of 6 am and 9 p.m. I walked nearly 14,000 steps.  Good for me!

I was tired enough that we went to bed early on Saturday but I got little rest.  My constant companion these last two days and nights has been that cough.  I've coughed and coughed and coughed some more.  The only soreness in my throat is from coughing.  This is a nasty virus that apparently has already afflicted most of the valley, we seem to be among the last to get it. You'd think it would weaken as it traveled from person to person.  I'm not so sure.  The only recourse is to just endure, to soldier on.

Though I hadn't the energy to walk this morning (and my mental state really misses it) I was up early.  I've laundered all the tablecloths from the church (21 rounds and 2 extra longs, can really only fit 5 in the washing machine at a time though I did try six with less than optimal results, had to re-do a load), I've done the bills from Friday's paycheck, I've written several notes to people, fixed lunch for The Husband, taken care of the mail, watered the front porch geranium pot and now I'm done.  I'm thinking I'll head to the recliner, read the news from the day, maybe even read a book and just relax. The vacuuming can wait.

I'm grateful today for a washing machine and dryer that work great!  How lucky I feel to be able to afford quality machines so I don't have to go to the laundromat. I'm more than grateful for kind family members who give up their Saturday without complaint to pitch in and help at the funeral (it was a long hard day for them both!) I'm grateful for accomplishing enough things (and have enough stuff in the fridge to eat) that I can take the afternoon and rest.  I think I could use a bit of a rest.  I'm grateful for air conditioning in this heat.  And I'm grateful for a recliner.

No comments:

Post a Comment