Ill

So I've had to cancel, re-schedule several things this week.  I thought I had that virus that's going around, figured I'd just have to tough it out.  Then I started feeling worse: got that vise-band headache, my teeth hurt too much to chew on anything, my ears were feeling pressure.  And I started with a fever.  When it got to just a tick below 101, The Husband whisked me off to the dr.'s office. Yep, fluid behind my ear. Minor sinus infection setting in. Antibiotics prescribed.

The pharmacy we use is generally crazy busy.  When we arrived, it was slow.  So we were in and out in only a few minutes.  The Mucinex DM has helped, my fever is down from the high of nearly 102 and the edge is off the headache.  Hopefully today will be better.

And while I see some definite - though minute -  improvement in my physical health, my mind is frustrated.  I did manage to get some laundry done, but haven't vacuumed in a week.  Horrors! I usually vacuum a couple times a week, and use the Swiffer on the tile every day.  It bugs me that I haven't been able to keep up on that stuff that helps the house feel so much better. But I keep hearing:  "take it easy.  It'll wait.  The best thing you can do is rest and let your body heal."  Theoretically I know that's all true.  In practice I'm just too impatient to wait.  (And I'm a bad whiny patient no matter how hard I try not to be!)

Yummy chicken soup!
So I've read a book or two,  played a ton of iPad games, and spent a large portion of my time just sitting with my eyes closed (not quite dozing, just sort of zoned out).  And I'm already tired of the laziness. I miss my morning walks.  I miss moving around without pain.

And this morning I do have gratitude in my heart.  I'm grateful for kind souls who are concerned about me.  I'm grateful for gifts of chicken soup (I still believe there is magical power in chicken soup - even when it's 102 degrees outside).  I'm grateful for antibiotics to help with infections that cause havoc in my life. I'm thankful for daughters who offer to get stuff from the store for us. For pictures of grandchildren texted to me on my phone. And especially today, I'm grateful for good health, and hope for its speedy return to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment