Fixed!!

Beautiful beginning to the day.
First thing out the door this morning I had to walk backwards for a ways on the trail.  The sunrise was just stunning, the colors changing almost by the second.  And yes, I know morning glory is considered a noxious weed.  But I do like the little trumpet shape and color of the flowers.  This "wall" of morning glory borders the trail, shielding that yard from those who pass by. We do live in a beautiful world.

Pretty colored morning glory.
The trail behind our house has been closed for the summer because of the construction at the end of our road.  They're widening the street and paving the road across the railroad tracks, and it's been a problem that the trail is closed. The other day I noticed that the yellow tape was gone and the "closed" sign had been moved off to the side, so I thought the trail was wide open for use.  This morning, not only was the sign back up, but additional signage has been added along with a couple sections of chain link fence.  I guess they're serious - they want the trail to be closed.  And it makes me sad to think that someone might have taken it on themselves to open the trail without authorization.

Love that morning glory wall.
Yes, it's really closed.
I think I mentioned that I fell a few weeks ago on our front porch.  A few days later, someone coming to visit also tripped on that front step.  So, time to get it fixed.  We weren't sure the best way to handle fixing the step.  The problem was the step and walk had sunk a couple inches.  The neighbors (as part of the things they had to fix to sell their house) had a guy over there lifting the patio and driveway.  We hadn't really considered that as an option, but The Husband nabbed the guy to come over and give us his opinion.  The result was that after giving us a bid, they arrived today to lift our step and fix a couple major cracks. The pictures aren't from quite the same angle but it's easy to see that the gap between the porch and the top step is virtually gone.  I would have liked it to be completely gone and level, but he did the best he could - it bothered him that it wasn't perfect.  But I'm just delighted! The Husband and the concrete guy made me go up and down a couple times to see what I thought. Wunderbar!!
Before. 

After and it's wonderful!
I'm so very grateful to have that front step fixed - that there are those who can fix it and that we can manage to afford to have it done.  I'm grateful for an afternoon run up to the market for ice cream (I love that cravings are easily satisfied!).  I'm grateful for the imminent re-opening of our little local library, I've missed it - most especially being able to walk over in the early morning and return my books.  I'm grateful for fresh watermelon, I love the seasonal produce.  I'm grateful for kind souls that invite The Husband to lunch, it's good for him.  And I'm grateful for leftover ribs for dinner.  With a salad, fresh tomatoes and watermelon, it'll be a veritable feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment