Something New

I wear a little FitBit.  The Husband's employer has a program where the employee and spouse can earn credits for the steps taken over the course of the fiscal year, which ended July 31. Last year I earned 300 credits which translated to $300.  I bought a couple little luxuries that I have thoroughly enjoyed.

This year, the program was amended - making it a bit more challenging to reach the final milestone of 300 credits.  I was only a couple thousand credits short (probably could have made it if I walked on Saturdays and Sundays).  It's really nice that I get some kind of "payback" for all the walking I do.

Still, $200 was a nice physical reward for the walking that I do - which I do for my peace of mind. I turned that $200 into this cute little watch.

I have numerous watches.  Maybe even lots of watches.  And at least 1/2 (likely actually more than that) are sitting unused because the batteries are dead and I hate to spend $5-$10 dollars for new batteries, so I only ever replace the batteries in the ones I really really really like to wear.

I decided to do something different and got a solar powered watch! This one has been on the windowsill most of the afternoon and according to the booklet should be fully charged. This evening The Husband will shorten the band and it'll be on my wrist.  How fun to have something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment