Yes, It's Wednesday

Woke up to clouds and cool.  Made for a lovely walk.  Yesterday morning was the morning after the storm, I had to take this picture (which could never do justice) of the cloudy moon, it was so beautiful out.

This woman is killing it, too.
And though I was accosted on the trail by a woman furious that I had the temerity to walk on the left-hand side of the trail (I love to walk next to the stream and watch the ducks in the water) rather than the customary (and truly, it is only custom - not by rule or by law, but by tradition) right hand side,  I refused to let her screeching (and spitting in my face while doing it) ruin my mood.  If I hadn't had my head down, being involved in texting with The Husband I would have gone around her like I have done every other time.  Makes me sad that something so immaterial provoked such anger.  I'm more fond of anger free interactions.

Yesterday's moon-set
This morning, I even walked across the street to take a picture of this flower (hibiscus maybe?).  The bush was so pretty with the pink and red blossoms large enough to span my hand.

A neighbor of ours is out of town.  Before she left she insisted that I agree to go over and harvest the tomatoes and any zucchini/squash while they're away.  She really didn't want any produce to go to waste.  After reluctantly agreeing (I'm a tad uncomfortable going in someone's yard when they're not home) I knew I had to follow through.  We've been enjoying fresh from the garden tomatoes all week. That right there is a taste of heaven.

The other day I decided to switch things up a bit.  Years ago we bought a chair to put in the basement next to the bookshelves for reading. I've never spent much time there, it's too far from The Husband and I dislike stairs. So I decided that rather than letting that wonderful chair sit unused, I'd bring it up to my sewing room. It necessitated a bit of shuffling around (and even more tidying up) but I love it. The chair takes up much more room than the wood rocker that previously graced this room so things feel different.  And I'm happy for that.  Sometimes you just need a change - even the smallest of changes can rejuvenate. I did take a picture, but I can only get part of the room so it isn't really worth sharing.
YUM!

I'm grateful today for prayer.  I love that I can spend my morning walks praying to Heavenly Father and counting on Him hearing me. I'm grateful that there are rare times when I am able to stifle the impulse to strike back at someone, like I did this morning.  It would've ruined my supplication to Heavenly Father if I'd been hateful and angry in the middle of my prayer.  I'm grateful for repentance and for forgiveness, I've come to view these both as divine qualities. I'm grateful for the beauty of flowers, for summer rain storms and for comfy chairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment