I Liked

The last few days have felt busy.  Probably not by some other folks' standards, but I guess by mine, they were.   As busy as they were, I found a few things to like.

I liked that The Husband's little skin procedure (common cell removal) was successful - and quick and easy.  (I'm not liking so much that he now has a total black eye and has to go in the office looking like he's been in a fight.  And no, it wasn't with me (I would never never never do anything like that to him!).  It was with the surgeon's scalpel.  He's been amazingly patient with it, hasn't complained at all, even though I know he must have had some pain.  I'm thinking today might be the day the bruise looks the worst, and hopefully by the time he returns he'll be looking/feeling much better.)

I liked that when we went to see our son and his family, that our daughter-in-law seemed to like her birthday gift.  (I'm not so great at ideas for gifting.)

I liked that when the little-guy grandson was getting ready for bed, and I started singing a quiet little song to him that he immediately went still and relaxed, ready for sleep.  I hope to retain that memory for a very long time, it is balm to my heart.

I liked that we had our daughter and her family in town for General Conference.  They had some tickets to the Conference Center. It was a wonderful conference - I'm looking forward to reading the talks in the next Ensign. I always enjoy having our daughter around - the house felt full with everyone here.  (But I can tell I'm getting "old" when I'm ready to go to bed just as the younger set is ready to get started on fun.  It's sad to feel old - and I've never been a night person, have always wanted to go to bed early.)

I liked that we were able to take some friends to Hale the other night.  The play was a bit of a departure from their norm - (and frankly on the stupid side of things) but enjoyable nonetheless.  The best part was being with our friends.  We laugh together and have a good time; for that I'm extra grateful.

Good book.
I liked that we've managed to share our Nashi pears around with some friends/neighbors.  They're a once-a-year luxury. 

I liked the book I just finished.  When I hear about a movie I'm wanting to see, and that it's based on a book (novel or non-fiction, doesn't matter) I like to find the book and read it first.  This one is coming out in November. And while there might be parts of the book I disagree with, I still enjoyed it.  Considering that it's categorized as a JF (juvenile fiction) at our library, I figured it was bound to have a happy ending. Which it did.  And I have no doubt that there will be critics of the subject matter and the manner it is handled.  Doesn't matter to me, I am glad I read it.

I liked that I was able to get back on the trail this morning after 4 days of inactivity.  It felt tremendously good, the air was crisp and cool (32 degrees) but I was warm in my jacket and hat. 

Brrr for inside the house.
I like that it's now October and our (actually my) self-imposed rule of not turning on the furnace until it gets to be October is fulfilled.  It's officially time for furnace turning on/heating the house.  The thermostat in the family room read 63 and that was after I'd had the fireplace on for a while. I am going to try to stick it out until the weekend when the temps will be in the 70's.  Warm socks and sweaters for me while The Husband is in CA.

Today I'm grateful for a teensy bit of hope.  For hope that The Husband will figure out what is the best resolution to his work woes. (I'd really like to see him be less unhappy at work!  He deserves that!!)  I'm grateful for warm jackets to wear when I walk.  I'm grateful for a working furnace I can use to get warm.  I'm grateful for texting and pictures to share on my pocket phone.  For good things to read and good shows to watch on tv.  And for enough - I truly am grateful for contentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment