YAY for Thursday

Tuesday morning.
Because, The Husband returns home tonight!  I am already counting the hours.  (If I wanted to be totally accurate, I might say that I've really been counting down the days/hours since Monday morning when left for CA.)   I have missed him so!

Today is mostly pictures.  Yesterday morning I walked down to the south end of our street where the construction is finally finished on the street widening.  There's still the planting to do and a couple fences to replace, but the road is open again (finally!!) to traffic.  I wanted to see what's happening with the trail paving.  It's coming along.  Anyway, all that is a preface to the picture of the sunrise - around 8 a.m.  It was beautiful, the camera never quite does justice to the colors the way the natural eye can.

The trees are really coming in to their own fall beauty.  Tuesday morning I took this one of the orange next to the blue spruce - I so love the contrast.

Wednesday morning
The full moon was absolutely spectacular overnight.  At one point the clouds made the moon look like it was smiling - but of course, at 6:15 a.m. it's too dark to really take a decent shot with my phone camera. (Those phone cameras do have a couple limitations.  Or maybe it's the operator?) I did get one a half hour or so later that wasn't too bad, it was lovely as it set behind the west mountains.

And I took one of the valley - just because. It was a pretty morning, the cloud decorated sky was fun above the lights and  I don't know, just felt like including a picture of it.

Thursday morning moon set.
So I'm arranging more meals.  A sister in our ward is having twins tomorrow.  Along with the 4 high-energy children she already has, she'll be having her hands full.  So, lots of meals going in.  I'm counting on the ward members to fill the sign up sheets.

I'm so grateful today for the return of my bestest friend. I'm grateful for church this Sunday.   I really do love conference but will be glad to get back to our ward.  I definitely am a creature that prefers routine (most of the time).  I'm grateful for the beauty of fall, for the cooler temps tinged with a crispness that doesn't yet border on uncomfortably cold.  I'm grateful we've had the funds to be able to have a crew come mow our lawn all summer, but equally grateful that The Husband doesn't mind doing it now that we've dismissed the mower-guys for the season. I'm hopeful that there'll be some movies to see soon, and grateful that The Husband doesn't mind foregoing a High Priest social this weekend - I just crave (need) some time with him.  Just him.  I'm grateful that Thursday is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment