A Teensy Frustrated

• So, I mentioned that package that we (I'm such a dummy sometimes) put the wrong zip code on?  And it went to the wrong state?  Well, I went to the website of the US mail and filled out a form to intercept the package and have it returned to the sender - that would be us.  The other morning I was elated to find the package had arrived back in Salt Lake, figured we'd be seeing it here at the house today or tomorrow.

Just now checked on the package.  And yes, it's back in CA. And I'm wondering who the bright soul is who sent it back to CA.  All it takes is a couple seconds to see the address is here in Utah.  A couple more seconds to see that the zip code is wrong.  A couple more seconds to mark it return to sender.  And all would be well.  I'm anxious to see how long this takes to be resolved.

Sure, it's our fault.  I can't help but think the USPS is compounding the problem.

• Got in the Charger Saturday to go out.  And the car wouldn't start. It was doing all kinds of crazy things with the wiper and the dashboard display.  But as time went on it still wouldn't start (you could hear the battery cranking with less and less enthusiasm).  Called the dealer - we've never had anything like this happen with this car and it was only a couple days since the recall service.  They told us to have the car towed to them, so we called.  The Husband and the tow driver decided to try jump starting (which The Husband had already tried twice) and sure enough, we had power!

So we drove the ten minutes to the dealer and had them look at the Charger, put their diagnostics working and whatever else it is they do to troubleshoot.  They couldn't find anything wrong. So we're driving, albeit carefully, making sure we have our phones handy to call for help if we need.  It's just weird.

All seven deer are under those trees.
• Woke up yesterday morning to another 8 - 10 inches of fresh snow.  Made us glad our church meetings are in the afternoon allowing us time to clear the snow off.  We chuckled at the 11 year old neighbor girl running their new snow-thower; she was throwing the snow into the center of their driveway rather than from the center out (making less work).  Maybe she just didn't want to stop using their new gadget.

• Had a rare invitation to dinner with our son and his family.  How delightful it was to see the grandchildren.  I so love that.  Doesn't happen very often so there was a bit of catching up to do.  And the food was scrumptious.  Dessert was (tastes w-a-y better than it sounds) was log-shape rolls of crustless white bread filled with cream cheese, then dipped in butter and rolled in cinnamon sugar and baked.  Absolutely sinful tasting. We loved it.

• This morning found me out on the trail.  I took picture after picture of these deer.  The first time I went past the yard they were milling about on the snow, but on the return trip, they were all nestled snugly under the trees, all 7 of them.  I was so happy to see them.

And today I'm so grateful The Husband walked out to meet me on the trail. He always makes me feel safe. I'm grateful for the beautiful sunshine on the fresh snow, and for the warmer temps coming that will melt it all soon enough.  I'm grateful that we can get help for the Charger if we need, and so very grateful that we have other transportation - just in case something happens we can still get around.  I'm grateful for a bunch of things on the calendar this week, including lunch out with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment