After The Weekend

It was a nice weekend.  Though I confess, church was a lot less stressful without the organ.  July wouldn't have been my month anyway, but it was strangely restful to sit among the congregation knowing that I wouldn't have to play the organ again (unless I substitute, which I've offered to do).

Saturday seemed to be a "knock off a bunch of chores" day.  The Husband gots lots of work done in the yard.  Though it seems like for every one thing he crosses off the list, another couple things are added.  But it does feel good to accomplish things.

Last week we managed to get the gutters on the house cleaned and the cover for the window well (cute-little-neighbor-boy-deterrent) arrived and looks great.  We'll recommend this company to anyone!

After cleaning off the solar panels The Husband said he was ready to tackle the broken branch up in the tree.  I'd previously told him he wasn't getting up in that tree.  He keeps reminding me that he climbed plenty of trees in his youth and is/was comfortable in them.  I remind him right back that his youth was more than several decades (and several pounds) ago.  In any event, I reluctantly agreed as long as he'd use the big ladder and I was standing by.  I told a friend he was 20-25 feet up in the air and was corrected that he was really only about 12-15 feet up in the air.  He's probably right.  It just felt like he was super high.  He managed to cut the broken branch and it fell just like I thought it would.  He also managed to sit on a smaller branch (branch-let?) which then had to be cut off as well (yes, it broke). But we got all the branches cut up and in the garbage with the only injury being a fairly substantial bruise on The Husband's arm.  My heart recovered from its lurching beat when he nearly (almost but not quite) fell and we're both doing just fine.  :^)

I thoroughly enjoyed the lesson in R.S. yesterday - the subject was "hope".  I'm a big fan.
Cute little family

I've only run into the woman-who-calls-me-names-because-I-walk-where-I-want-not-where-she-dictates one other time.  She still called me dumb-dumb.  What she hopes to accomplish with her form of taunting/bullying I haven't a clue.  I was nervous about walking Friday and this morning, seeing her causes me some measure of anxiety. But gratefully, I haven't seen her.  Though I did see the muskrat (That's exactly why I walk near the edge of the creek so I can see these things.  From what she deems is the proper side of the trail I'd be too far away to see down in the creek bed and would miss the critters.) swimming along and this mama duck and her 10-12 (hard to count because they never are still) duck-lets.  She was so cute with them, making sure they were protected.
Scrumptious

I'm looking forward to a mid-week holiday.  We'll get to see our son and his family that we love but see less often than we'd like.  They live just far enough away that it's not quite so easy to jump in the car and get together.  I wonder if their little guy will remember us?

And today I'm grateful.  Yesterday was Fast Sunday and I so love the privilege and opportunity of fasting.  I'm grateful for gift cards to restaurants so we can treat ourselves after a day of working around the house.  I'm grateful for discovering the soft serve ice-cream cone at Chick-fil-A, makes for a yummy quick snack that's not too awfully big.  I'm grateful for my new iron, it works great. And for early harvest tomatoes - there's nothing like fresh home-grown tomatoes in season.

No comments:

Post a Comment