Monday, Monday

Last week was busy.  Catching up on all the stuff leftover from our trip.  When you travel, time seems different somehow.  But life for everyone else just goes on the same.  

And here I am again, on a Monday, doing laundry.  That's one constant in life.  So grateful for plenty of clothes to wear.  Was chatting with a friend yesterday at church - mentioned that lots of my clothes were purchased before we built this house.  That would be 22+ years. (It's kind of interesting that I can still fit in them.) Since my clothes are all so old it means I'm not "styling" these days, I'm kind of old fashioned (as probably would be expected of a 72 year old) and look like a fuddy-duddy.  She said, "I just don't care anymore."  She said she's no longer interested in looking like the younger women, the styles these days just aren't that appealing.  As long as she's comfortable, clean and tidy, and covered she's perfectly content.  In theory, I'm right there with her.  In practice - well, let's just say sometimes you just want something new to wear. 

The garden is all ready for winter.  The Husband spent the morning cleaning out/cleaning up and wearing himself out. I keep saying next year the garden will be smaller; we'll see what happens. 

I've been trying to get the shade situation resolved.  They texted and said they were ready to come install the room-darkening shades we finally had to order.  The time came and went (with zero contact from the company) so I got on the phone.  Somewhere along the line, someone lost those shades.  Took several days and lots of phone time on hold to get any kind of answer.  The lack of communication from the company is disillusioning.  Someone should have been tracking the order (and every order) making sure things were progressing properly.  And keeping the customer (me) informed every step of the way.  I've had three people tell me they'd call me back to let me know what's going on.  Not a single one followed through.  Finally this morning I was told (by yet a different person) the shades were re-done and arriving at the installer today and as soon as he's checked them in they'll be calling to set up an install time.  And these are the same installers that lost them before😧, if my meager information is correct.

I was up front:  if this issue isn't resolved by the end of the week, American Express will be contacted and payment will be reversed, since I still  don't have the shades I ordered back in August.  Frustration is not even a complete description.

Great Book.
I did read a great book.  It was published posthumously. Which, in my mind, often lends a certain amount of gravitas to a book; things that meant so much to this author that she was anxious to have it mostly completed before she graduated this earthly life.  

I enjoyed this article:  Happier Life  I wish I had the capacity to choose every minute to be happy.  Sometimes that's a bit hard for me.  I want to choose happy, just like I want to choose hope.  

I came home to a stack of six books, another three were added in just a couple days.  I'm down to 3 now.  I'm so grateful for a library that keeps me supplied with good reading material.  Even if I don't actually finish a book (for whatever reason, even if I'm just not in the mood for that particular writing style) I still am blessed to have access to books that I otherwise wouldn't be able to afford to buy (or want to store). I have loved immersing myself in some good books over my lifetime, even this last week.

Am grateful today for getting back to class at the rec center.  It's an exercise class - mostly older people attend - some are in better shape than others and after this morning I'm feeling quite old and completely out of shape.  Two weeks off didn't do me any good.  I've made a bit of progress on a sewing project.  Yay! so grateful to have some enjoyable things to do - not talking laundry / vacuuming / bills, etc. here.  And grateful to have leftovers to enjoy for tonight's dinner.  I so love when I don't have to think too hard about what to serve for meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment