And It All Went Downhill From There....

Deeply appreciated.
 Received the most darling thank you note this morning.  I love that people are still well-mannered enough to know how important a thank you is.  This one was particularly meaningful:  handmade, thoughtful words inside and just plain cute!  It was the perfect start to a day.

Unfortunately all the day's perfection ended with the note.  

Insurance policy woes galore.  Eye appointments that aren't covered by insurance.  Innocent query of our city that went ignored for months then turned into a minefield when action without previous notification (and action that certainly seems overkill) made neighbors fuming.  And the grapevine talk will begin.  Property taxes that are due (yes, I've saved for them, but the little extra I save to have a bit of a cushion won't even be enough to cover all the expenses).  And I can't go outside without getting soaked from the rain.  I love the rain- from inside.  It's that hair thing.

And yes, I keep deleting things I've put down here.  Suffice it to say (I won't say "to make a long story short" - that usually precedes a quite long tale) I'm in a state today.  I've talked (some might call it lectured) w-a-y too much. I'm a mite discouraged.  With no end in sight.  Only troubles ahead.  I should have that printed on a sign to be posted at my graveside:  "Warning:  Troubles Ahead".

Hoping to find a way to sincerely and deeply feel gratitude before bed tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment