Bandaid Season

So, the pump on the hot water circulation system is replaced.  And yup, it was lots of $$. I was pretty wigged out yesterday.  As I age I find I am more easily overwhelmed with stuff, especially financial.  But the pump is replaced and working fine and is guaranteed for a while.  My AmEx card has been working overtime.  

I've managed to crochet a few rows on the throw blanket for my friend.  I'm liking this pattern, though it doesn't look quite like the picture, but in my experience, my projects rarely do.  I can do about four rows or so and then my hands complain so it's time to do something else.  I sure wish I was really good at something. 

Went to the grocery yesterday.  Had quite a list.  The list felt long because I shop as little as possible.  (I just really have a hangup about spending money.  Once it's gone then I won't have it should I need it for something else in the future.)  Was so happy to have received a gift card that I was able to use.  It was a much valued blessing.   

And it's that time of year again.  Though it didn't happen as soon in the winter as usual.  (Looking outside today you'd never think it was winter.  But wait until tomorrow.)  Both The Husband and I are struggling with our skin.  I have a crack in my skin at the base of my pinky finger that stings.  Don't ever recall having one there before.  And another one on my thumb, this will be the third time for that spot, it takes what feels like eons to heal.  And since it's an awkward spot to keep a bandage on, I go through bandages like crazy.  Our dry Utah weather is the culprit.

I remember years ago watching "older" couples out and about - in restaurants or wherever we happened to see them.  Couples who sat together without talking.  I know I said to The Husband that it was sad that they just sat there and didn't chat or laugh or smile.  How young and uninformed I was.  I've become aware that there are often times that the two of us are together - out and about - and often we don't talk.  There's a level of togetherness that doesn't come until you're older.  We still talk - and talk a lot.  But have come to a point where sometimes it just feels good (and enough) to just "be".  Just be together.  It's not only comfortable, it's comforting to feel so good to be with someone.  And I'm pretty sure that there's someone out there looking at us that wonders about us, why we're not talking, what's going on.  Perhaps understanding will come with time, like it did for me.  I wish that for everyone.

Today I'm grateful for hot water nearly instantaneously.  For a charge card to cover the cost until I can figure it out.  For clear blue skies and good air quality.  So much better for breathing.  And I'm grateful for people who are kind and generous.  I am related to a few of those.  💝  

No comments:

Post a Comment