They Say...

Take time to smell the flowers.  Today I say - take a beat. 

Not ten minutes into our (hour and a half) morning walk this beautiful peony bush catches my eye.  I'm determined to smell the flowers.  Not wanting to trespass into the yard by the grass, I decide to just step (very small) across the corner, then around to the driveway on the other side.  Trespass by only a couple steps. 

One step - and the powerful sprinkler on a motion detector (which motion detector was undetected by me) came on full blast - right at my back, I wasn't a foot away from it. 😲

Jumped back as quick as I could and decided to go around the other way - through the next door driveway.  One tiny step toward the peony bush and I got the sprinkler full blast again. That's it.  Not smelling those peonies.  The Husband theorized the sprinkler was to deter the deer.  I'd say it's effective.

Temp outside 48 degrees.  Fairly breezy.  And I was soaked through.  I was cold the whole rest of the way home. 

One day I'm sure I'll laugh about this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment