Still Liking Thursdays

 I know it's a common refrain of mine, but:  where does the time go? Thursday again?  Already?

We had a nice weekend.  It was the weekend our daughter and son-in-law were here.  It is always lovely to see them.  My favorite part is definitely to see our two daughters together and enjoying each other.  They're very different from each other, but affection is obvious.  It warms this Momma's heart.

They stayed a bit longer this weekend- now that school is out for the summer there didn't seem to be quite the pressure on them to get home.  Monday they treated us to lunch at Sizzler (yum!) between trips to IKEA and Costco.  After they left, the laundry piles got washed and the regular Monday household chores were accomplished.  To say I was tuckered out when it came time to go to bed would be understating.  Evidence?  My FitBit - 20,000 steps.  I slept quickly and deeply and it felt good.

Our daughter brought home some more iris plants from her work friend.  I thought she'd maybe bring one, but there were three there.   We (actually The Husband, I just was the support crew) planted them this morning.  I'm so hoping they thrive, I've loved the iris blooming this year, they're a classically lovely flower that I enjoy everywhere I see them.

Today was the dreaded dentist.  I don't know why I'm so terrified of that office.  But I got the good technician, the dentist was on time and we were out of there 30 minutes after our appointment time. No cavities, no work was recommended, just "good job, see you next time." What a relief.  I was so anxious and nervous.  And determined to not be so overwrought.  Prayers helped to calm me.  :^)

My stress level was further reduced when I took a deep breath and begged off a class that I didn't want (nor really was required) to attend. Don't regret skipping it at all. Instead, we used that time to head over and renew our Sam's Club membership.  We don't really shop there all that often, but I do like to have options. And of course, we came away with a few little items. 

And to top off a decent day:  I actually spent a bit over an hour cross-stitching this afternoon.  I started this little project a couple years ago, pick it up only rarely (the pattern isn't that fun to work on) and have told myself I can't start the next one (that looks really fun) until this one is finished.  And even though this design isn't my favorite to do, it was surprising to me once again how much I enjoyed just sitting and stitching.  I've missed it.

So today I'm grateful for several things.  Number one is my renewed determination to express gratitude more often to Heavenly Father for the good things in my life.  I need to keep my focus on those things.  I'm grateful for a minute improvement in my overall general discouragement. And grateful for a friend who invites me to dinner and is happy to make our time together last for over four hours. Grateful for good tooth visit and also for an easy dinner to fix tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment