Can I just say: life is a challenge. And I'm going to leave it at that.
We're at home today, apparently most all the day. We have an appointment scheduled for the mandatory annual backflow preventer inspection. Our appointment time: 9:00 a.m. to dark thirty. So we're here. Sometimes I really like the need to be at home all day, somehow it feels like less pressure. But then I get antsy about having to be here. I'm such a mess.
This will be a less busy week - I used to joke about the old "ladies who lunch". Now I get it. The food is never, ever the point. It's the connection with friends. I had several of those connections last week and loved every minute. It's so lovely to be included, which I am not usually.
And our daughter's kitty? I'm smitten. We have a sort-of, kind-of routine. Well, she does, I am just along for her pleasure. Mornings our daughter leaves for work, kitty comes up and sits on the chair between The Husband and me at the table. I think she's really asleep, she's got her front paws all resting on her back paws, curled up on the chair pad, eyes closed (but ears cocked to hear us). Until I finish up in the kitchen. Then she's down and calling for me. Usually waiting at the top of the stairs for me to give her loves. (Such a chore! hahaha). Then she follows me around, asking ever so politely for a treat. Often I think she's aware she's already had one but is hoping I've forgotten so she'll get a second one. When that little bit of business is done, she's waiting for me to sit down - which I almost never can do in the mornings - for some lap time. Then eventually she'll settle in for another nap. Lately the preferred spot is the dining chair. I keep moving her actual bed hoping she'll sleep there but...no. Perhaps it's still too hot. In any event, I find it absolutely impossible to get anywhere near her without telling her how precious she is and reaching out for a little chin scratch. She never seems to mind.
How did I forget how much I love a house kitty? She is super sweet - has never scratched or bitten or hissed or done any of the objectionable behaviors cats are known for. Last evening we were in The Husband's office - she doesn't like to go in there for some reason. Thought she'd gone downstairs, looked up to find her stationed on top of the chair back where she could see us, she has several of those spots around the house. I love that she always wants to be within viewing location of us. So grateful that she seems to like being around us.And editorial comment here: I've noticed more and more women wearing their hair parted either on the side or slightly off-center (even actresses and newscasters). Hooray!! Center parts have never really looked good on anyone. You have to have a symmetrical face for that and no one does. I never understood why the center part, straight hair seemed to be so de rigeur. Side or off-center part is universally flattering. Yes, it is. Of course, all opinions expressed here are mine and mine alone. And I know somehow the younger generations (especially the millenials) have a kind of need to always follow the crowd and don't really understand individuality. I suspect eventually they'll get there. No one needs to look just like everyone else. Again, my opinion. (As I read over this, it sounds a bit brutal and very opinionated. I'm ok with that. I try to always be kind, but this is my itty bitty personal corner of the world. Can say what I want, right?)
I've been up and busy - went for a long-ish walk, saw a momma deer and her two spotted fawns, after breakfast and shower did the laundry, only a little bit left to fold and put away. Vacuumed half the house - thank you, My Love, for vacuuming the other half. You always do a much better, thorough job than I do. All of that means that after lunch I can just relax a bit if I choose. I'm in the midst of a pretty decent book, I've embroidery to do, could even do some weeding out of things to donate if I choose (though probably won't). It'll be nice to have some quiet time. If we're lucky and the backflow inspector comes sooner we'll run over and get tickets to see a movie tomorrow afternoon. It'll be fun to do that, it's been a long time.
Today I'm so grateful for the rain we had overnight and the confidence in our good roof to know we were safe from leaks. I'm grateful for plenty to enjoy during the forced afternoon at home. Grateful for repentance, I came home grumpy from church yesterday and needed to repent of my attitude toward some ward members. And grateful today for a morning hug. Need them...always.

No comments:
Post a Comment