Just Stuff Going On

Sunday's sacrament meeting was hard for me. Mistakes were made.  Plenty of them.  A couple people were kind enough to say I did well, but those truly (yes, really, I'm not just saying that) felt just like an obligatory "good job!" comment.  I'm so relieved it's over.  I took a couple ibuprofen - been told they're off limits since we've started the statin.  Didn't care.  Knew I couldn't make it through the meeting with my ever-present, groan-inducing pain.  Relieved that meeting is over.

Monday it was off to lunch with our Bishop's Storehouse friends then to IMC to visit my friend that I minister to. We'd been to the hospital to see her on Friday and Saturday.  She still hadn't been out of bed yet so we've been very concerned.  Got to the hospital to find it swarming - yes, actually swarming - with law enforcement.  Some shooting at a funeral a few miles away had brought a couple victims to the hospital for treatment.  So many of their friends, etc. showed up (and with no one knowing who had guns and how many) the hospital was put on lockdown:  precautionary measures they said.  We hung around for a while but it was clear the lockdown was going to last for hours (and it did).  As we left we circled the hospital campus, counted 40+ police vehicles before stopping the count and still didn't count them all.  It was weird.  Everything calm outside except for the very alert police presence, weapons and all.  I was glad to finally arrive home.

And the long awaited follow-up with the cardiologist visit was this morning.  Bottom line:  we're really good.  I went in feeling rebellious.  When the nurse asked me to step on the scales, I just calmly said, "not today, thanks." Surprisingly she just said ok, didn't even shrug her shoulders or anything. My ready explanation didn't even matter.  She didn't care.  Ok, then.  I had already pretty much decided to see this particular visit (needed the information) through and then find a different dr.  

As it turns out, I'm ok with her.  If  I only have to see her like once a year.  At one point, trying to answer her question and being interrupted by her three times, I finally said, "I'd like to finish what I was saying".  Again, surprisingly she just nodded and waited for me to finish.  My take on that is that she's been called on this abruptness before.  I think my whole issue is that she is business and business only.  No chit chat, no pleasantries, no social niceties.  Just cold hard facts.

Pretty roses at Costco.
Anyway, she went over the test results thoroughly.  I think she expected our hearts to be in w-a-y worse shape.  They're not.  Especially considering our ages, my family genetics, our carrying more extra pounds than we'd like. She said we are doing really well, both of us. (First pleasant and kind thing I've heard her say.)  Continue to take the statin, get our blood panels done in three months to see what progress has been made and then we'll see where we are. Seemed like she was not expecting the results from both of us to be so similar. Twinners, I guess. No one else beside The Husband I'd rather be twinners with.  :^)  Hopefully most all the tests are done now - they have been horrendously expensive and not all the bills have come in yet. Information is nearly always beneficial.  Just despise how much it often costs.

Straight from the dr. to Costco.  We were out of so many basics, I walked away sort of down-at-heart at how much we spent.  I love the feeling of knowing we have supplies that we use and need.  Not loving the feeling of our shrinking funds.

Robert has invited me to play for him when he sings in Sacrament meeting in a few weeks.  Spent some time at the piano and discovered that I'm slower to learn music than in the past. It's been quite some time since my last foray into special musical numbers.  It shows.  I can only play for just a while before my back is so painful I can't play anymore.  I actually looked into a chair or stool with a back for pianists, etc.  Trouble is, I was taught to be an edge sitter.  Backs on chair don't work unless you sit fully on the chair and use the back rest. Won't be getting one of those chairs. Can't play unless I'm on the edge.

So, today, I'm very grateful that the heart news is about as good as it could be.  I'm grateful we could manage the costly Costco visit.  Grateful for something good to read if I can only find the time to do it. And grateful to be home for the day, something for dinner, embroidery to do tonight.  Hopefully next time I put my thoughts (that I want to remember) on here, I'll be less verbose.  It'll be a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment