...again. I'm old. Just had my 7*#@ birthday. And frankly: I don't feel any different. Different from when I was in my 20's, 30's,40's - for sure. But that's only the physical feeling different. I do have aches and pains. I have stenosis in my spine, arthritis in my hands, feet, back, neck, etc., a partial thickness tear of my rotator cuff, hair that is growing more white than brown on the daily basis (also hair that is thinning), and well, it's painfully (haha) obvious that I'm no longer in those earlier decades.
![]() |
| liked this |
I told The Husband I didn't want any fuss for my birthday. He mostly obliged. Our daughter came into town the day before and treated us to a yummy (ate w-a-y too much) lunch and a wander around a little store. Received a rare phone call from our son, it was so
good to hear his voice. And his 10 year old son, even called me on his own to say Happy Birthday. Texts from our other son and his family. Our daughter and grandson also treated me royally on the day. I got to have my choice of Papa Murphy's pizza - hawaiian, which I know some people think is an abomination. But I loved it. Leftover pizza will be so good. Even was given wonderful gifts - though truly, I don't need a single thing. Our daughters are extraordinarily generous, thoughtful and creative. Those are such admirable qualities and I love that they have them in spades.
Received birthday cards from the dentist and one of the finance guys. The ministering brother and his wife gave me a new apron which I used this morning. 😊 I love that people are so kind. I generally feel so undeserving of anything from anyone.
Today's goal: to eat less sugar. Birthdays somehow include a lot of that. I don't do birthday cakes (completely dislike the frosting), I prefer pie and we finished it off yesterday. So happy to share.
We finally got the replacement window installed. $341 and I felt lucky to have that done. Next up is the ceiling. Have an appointment for next week. Then it'll be the fireplace and I think I've got a company that will work for that. This stuff really needs to be done. I just love the sense of accomplishment when things get crossed off the never-disappearing list of tasks.
Headed out this morning for a walk. We missed yesterday morning, up too late the night before. It was a beautiful walk. Upper 60's, thin sliver of moon watching over us through the clouds. Was almost home when I saw this poor snake. I dislike seeing things die, but it's hard to feel too bad about snakes. They're not my favorite.
I'm so grateful for the kindness of people. Physical expressions (gifts) of love are never expected but I have so enjoyed them this year. I'm grateful for still being able to sit at the piano and make some sort of music. Just saw an ad for a t-shirt that said "Never underestimate a woman who still plays piano in her seventies." So fun, wouldn't wear one, but I thought it was cute. Mostly, though, I'm grateful for still being alive at this age. Grateful for hope for a bit of fun that I'm thinking is just waiting for me to find it. And grateful for the ability to fast on Fast Sunday with prayers in my heart for help that I can be a better person.


No comments:
Post a Comment