And I have too many words because today started out as a circus. Truly.
Took a risk (rain predicted) and walked outside. Rather walk outside in the morning than be on the treadmill. Came home to a message on the security alarm panel that something was amiss. Spent probably 40 minutes working with the alarm company - talking on the phone while using the app and simultaneously working the website on my computer. W-A-Y more tech stuff than I have ever used all at once and am still astonished that I managed it.
At the same time, the guys came to fertilize the lawn - needing me at the front door for some input. We also had two very quick power outages to complicate matters. The Husband trimmed the tree branches that threaten the heads of every person coming up our front sidewalk in the midst of it all.
And also simultaneously, I was receiving constant texts on my phone. My friend and the ward sister I minister to fell yesterday. Broke her hip and several small fractures in her femur. Couldn't do surgery yesterday because she had already taken her blood thinner. First thing this morning she was in surgery - now has a rod and a screw (as far as I've been told) in her leg. She'll be in the hospital for several days and then off to rehab. When you're 81 things take longer to heal and she already seems very fragile. I was set to take her dinner today like usual on her cancer treatment day, but didn't turn out to be needed. I so worry about her.
So, between the alarm, the fertilizing, the power outage, the texts and all the things, I was a bit frazzled. Alarm thing required a new password which needed me to make note of it in a secure place before I lost track of things. It was 11 a.m. (been up since 5:30) before I managed to get my hair done and my clothes on. I called the woman at the alarm company back and said that now the alarm was making this strange beeping noise, only to realize (while on the phone with her) that the beeping was the refrigerator telling me its power had been interrupted. Sheesh. Embarrassed.
But I got ready in time for our Thursday lunch with our friends. I so love this association and am grateful every day for their kindness and willingness to spend time with us.
I'll include a many-times-cropped picture taken through the family room window of the squirrel providing its daily entertainment at the feeder. Pretty soon it'll be time to get more seed cakes.
![]() |
| Cute squirrel. |
Sunday is the sacrament meeting that they call the "music testimony meeting". Whoever in the congregation wants to, comes to the pulpit, tells why a certain hymn is meaningful to them and then we sing one verse together. It can be and has been a very powerful meeting. Music is a wonderful blessing. I'm on the organ Sunday. This particular kind of meeting is stressful and a lot of pressure for the organist and chorister (no way to know ahead of time what to practice) - something that no one seems to consider. I hope I make it through with dignity and grace because I'm certain mistakes will be made. Just hope I can cover them up well enough to make them less intrusive.
Today my most gratitude is for repentance. I have surely needed to avail myself of it the last little while. I'm such a flawed and selfish person. Our days the next while will include visits to the hospital and then the rehab place, I hope it isn't too far away, she'll need some visitors for sure.

No comments:
Post a Comment