Craving

Bought some lovely cinnamon raisin bread from our local bakery as a small gesture of thanks to our neighbor who loaned us his snowblower last week.  Drove around for a couple hours doing errands with it sitting in the car (the bakery was one of the first stops).   Now my car smells like fresh cinnamon bread. And I'm craving some fresh warm bread (with cold butter)!

Thought today as I was trying on the 105th pair of capris at the store, that I should keep a log of the interesting comments I hear wafting over the top of the dressing stall wall.  I guess I'm not the only one who thinks I'm too fat for something.  Or that I don't want my undies showing.  Or that the roll around my middle isn't becoming.  Or that something shouldn't fit so tightly that I can't bend over.  Or that I've chosen just the cutest thing, but aren't the sizes inconsistent?  At least today I didn't have a huge lunch before trying on those capris.  I might have been even more disappointed in the sizes.

My aura must have been inviting.  Today's friendly chat was from the lady next to me sizing up my serrano pepper purchasing.  Aren't they too hot?  What do you do with them?  Wouldn't you rather have jalapenos?  I love them fresh, then fried and put on a burger....and so forth.

And those fudge mint cookies we received as a Christmas gift that were (notice the "were") unopened in the cupboard.  The box reads:  best by 31 Mar 2012.  That's a lot of cookies to eat before they expire.  And no, I'm not planning to share.  But...if you stopped by for a visit I would offer you some.

No comments:

Post a Comment