Baptism

Yesterday The Husband was privileged to baptize our 12 year old grandson.  Today, The Husband confirmed him a member of the Church and then later ordained him a Deacon.

This grandson has wanted to be baptized since he was 8.  After finally receiving permission from his Dad and going through the lessons from the full-time missionaries (one of them is from Germany) his wish came true.

It's hard to describe the emotions I've felt over the weekend.  This grandson is only here every other weekend.  And yet, there were roughly 40 people at the baptism.  Nearly the entire deacon's quorum attended.  On a Saturday afternoon.  Dressed in white shirts and ties.

These are the Tender Mercies that feed our souls, that buoy us up in times of difficulty, that give us strength.  That strengthen our testimonies.

And now, my wish for our grandson:  that he continues to be a shining beacon of hope, that he continues throughout his life to have a desire to be in full fellowship in the Church.  That he continues to love both his parents with his whole heart.  That he never, never, never gives up on his growing testimony.

I guess all of that is more than one wish, but I can summarize it with:  I wish him happiness as he is obedient, faithful and loyal.  We're behind him all the way.

And Husband - you are my Hero in so many ways.  I'm ever grateful you found me.  Don't leave without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment