February 1st!

Between the bitter cold temperatures and the nasty inversion, it has been at least a month since I was able to walk on the trail.  So it was a wonderful treat to be able to do my 5 1/4 miles on the trail this morning.

The leaves are clear to see!
I so love this time of year.  Generally speaking, the deep freeze of January is done, it most likely won't get that cold for that extended period of time again this winter.  The weeks-long inversions are history for the duration of this season.  The days are getting noticeably longer.

Should've used the flash to show these buds.
And I've been noticing for about the past week that the plants are starting the long process of budding out.  I always delight to see the plants decide that they've napped long enough and it's time to shrug off their dormancy and begin to enjoy life again.

The most loaded shelves.
I took a bit of time this week to tidy and rotate goods in the pantry and a few drawers.  It is amazing how much better I feel about things when they're clean.  In fact, the pantry mostly looks just bare.  Next up:  the freezer!


No comments:

Post a Comment