Positive

I'm fairly positive that in my growing up years I was rarely the recipient of "positive reinforcement."  Back then, it didn't seem to be the thing to worry about a child's self esteem, and in my family it just wasn't done.  You did your work / assignment / chores / whatever with generally no feedback unless it wasn't up-to-snuff.  (In which case, the feedback was never positive.)  In those days the phrases "good job" or "way to go" or "great effort" hadn't been invented yet.

So, imagine my bemusement to discover I really like the positive feedback from my electric toothbrush at the end of the prescribed 2 minutes of brushing.  It nearly always makes me smile and feel worthwhile.  Who knew it would work that way on me?

1 comment:

  1. We must have grown up in the same generation! My toothbrush is not as kind as your!

    ReplyDelete