Oddity

Decided on a whim to visit The Corner Bakery for lunch.  Rarely do I look around to see who is there when I enter, but today I did.  Saw a couple friends who graciously invited me to share their table. What a delight it was to chat with them - lifted my spirits.

Then stopped at the grocery on my way home.  Used the self check-out.  In the coin / change return I found this pile of coins.  Mentioned the coins to the attendant.  He said,"Do you want them? I'll just turn them in to the office."  After saying that I doubted anyone would come back for $.83 he agreed, said it happens all the time and to just enjoy the money.  How much less like stealing it felt when I had "permission" to take it.  (Although it still somehow seemed just a teensy bit wrong.)

And...The Husband returns tonight and all will be well with the world again.  I've missed him.  Perhaps I should reward him with a home cooked meal tomorrow night.  I wonder where I can get one of those?

And I stumbled on this quote that has been today's favorite:  "I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble."  --Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment