A Couple Oddities From Wednesday

My trusty steed (my bike) took me on a 12 1/2 mile ride this morning.  Loved, loved, loved being out for the sunrise.

Didn't plan, though to murder a snake. Didn't see it until my front tire ran over it.  It's history.  Sigh..

Poor little snake, it was only about 10" long.
I did see, though, the mama and papa quail with their 4 little quail-lets alongside the trial.  Cute little feather-balls.  (And no, didn't run over any of them.)

Heading to the check-out at the store was stopped by a lady who remarked she had the very same throw rugs in her powder room.  What size was I buying?  And she-painted-the-room-the-wrong-color-and-wasn't-very-happy-with-it-until-she-found-these-throw-rugs-but-now-it-all....

(Brought the throw rugs home, showed The Husband and he was underwhelmed.  I stood firm in my desire to have them do.  It isn't a lifetime commitment, it's a couple of throw rugs.  We'll throw them away when we're done with them.)

Few minutes later (still at the store) was told that if I was looking for clothes I should head down the strip mall to Dress Barn where everything was 30-50% off, even clearance and they got an extra 15% off just for coming in today and it's a fabulous sale...

I'm thinking I must've looked lonesome or something.

Heard some sad news:  Our son and his family lost their little dog today.  I think there'll be another funeral.

I'm also thinking I shouldn't have described my lasagne as "my famous lasagne".  Wouldn't want anyone to set their expectations too high.  (I've never professed to be a good cook.  Adequate would be an overstatement of my skills.)  :^)

Today's gratitude:  For air conditioning in my car.  For beautiful sunrises and equally beautiful sunsets. And for the chocolate I'm on my way to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment