Schooling

Been getting a little schooling in the art of patience today.  I wonder: if I thought of patience as more of an art than a trial would it be easier to obtain?  Hmmm.  Thinking on that.

Took nearly twice as long as they said to get the oil changed/36 month service on the Prius today.  I only have to do this once a year.  Therefore I shouldn't complain about an extra hour or so. Thus....patience.

Since I was in the neighborhood I stopped in at the furniture store.  Nearly bought a chair.  Decided to think on it.  Again....patience.  I don't have to have a replacement chair this minute.  After we gave our living room furniture to our daughter when she got married, I think we went for - oh, I don't know - several years without anything in the living room but the piano.  And frankly, I was fine with that.  Don't have to buy the first thing I see.  In fact that probably isn't a good idea.

Lots of clouds mean not only pretty skies, but moderated temperatures.
This morning's sky was so lovely when I went for my walk.  I was hot-footing it because of my car appointment.  This picture was taken at 6:50 a.m.  The days are getting shorter and shorter.  I won't miss the heat but I have so enjoyed the sunrises this summer.

Patience synonyms:  long-suffering, forbearance (love that word) tolerance.  All qualities I should acquire.  If only I can endure the lessons long enough.

Today's gratitude:  For the smiles that greet me - by those who love me and from those strangers who just plain have happy hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment