Found: A Heart

Mentioned to The Husband the other day I wondered if Heavenly Father would even let me into heaven when the time comes. I have so many faults.  It seems with each teensy bit of progress forward I stumble backward twice as far.

I've thought about this comic from the funny pages of the newspaper a lot since I first found it.  How sad for someone to have to go exploring for my heart because there was such lack of evidence.

I try to have a good heart.  My naturally pessimistic nature often stomps all over my best intentions.

Where am I going with this?  Only here:  each day is a chance to begin anew.  To prove with great evidence that I have a heart, a kind and good one.  A generous one.  And more than a fresh chance each day, each hour can provide opportunities.  I'm hoping to seize the right ones and keep my heart soft, for there to be ample corroboration that my heart does indeed exist - without exploratory surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment