One Of Those Days?

Setting SuperMoon
Yesterday was one of those days, you know?  The ones that leave you tired and whiny.  Things that should have been enjoyable, well...weren't quite.  I ended up having a teensy cry party.  Didn't last long.  But it was enough I guess that it left me drained.  I dislike crying.  I dislike feeling "less than".

Then first thing this morning, I received a call from a dear sister in the ward.  Answering a question I had emailed her.  My conversation with her turned my whole heart around.  It only takes one person. It only takes a few minutes.  It only takes one act of care, concern or love.  And my whole attitude was lighter.  I'm so glad she picked up her phone and called me.

Yep, it's really the moon, to the left of the bottom tree branch.
I've seen pictures of Monday's "super moon"in other geographic areas.  It was much hyped - and anticipated by those in our home.  We love the skies, the beauty we see there.  I went for my walk at the moon-set and was underwhelmed.  We've seen bigger more colorful moons this summer.  Wish it had been as lovely here as it was elsewhere. Though that didn't stop me from taking a bunch of pictures, hoping for something stunning. (The quantity overbalanced the quality.)

Walked out from the grocery and noticed a woman and her baby, and wondered what that odd noise was I was hearing.  The toddler (looked like she was about 3) was clumping along in her Mom's peep-toe dress wedge shoes. Several inches were between her little feet and the heel of the shoe.  Too cute.  I did a mental hat-tip to the Mom for letting her daughter feel beautiful at the grocery.

I'm grateful today for someone that took the time to reach out to me and wrap her kindness around my heart.  It was much needed.  I'm grateful for ideas for Christmas gifts for loved ones (I'm pretty brain-dead in that arena these days).  I'm grateful for the hope of moisture from the skies, we've been so dry we've had to water the trees and shrubs. I'm grateful for hot chocolate. And for thoughtful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment