Thought Muddle

Let's see if I can find some sense of coherency.

• I'm still thinking about a couple of women I saw at Kohl's the other day.  The one woman has some disability, she was using a wheelchair in the store, the other woman was clearly helping her out with some Christmas shopping.  Based on their conversation (I admit it - I was eavesdropping) it seemed like they weren't particularly close friends.  The first woman was expressing gratitude for the helper's patience and kindness.  I had to wonder if the one was doing some service based on the "Light The World" program of the Church.  It was nice to witness (even if they did leave the wheelchair in the middle of the entrance to the checkout counter), was glad to see quiet service.

• Which reminds me of someone I know.  At the beginning of this month people were posting all over about their acts of service.  One person asked, "What have you done for your service?"  And I was so delighted with the response of another, "It's a secret." That, in my own opinion is the real benefit of service - to do such things to glorify our Heavenly Father, to give Him credit for all good in the world.  When we put the focus on ourselves, or brag about ourselves and our own offerings, somehow for me the bright light of good is dimmed a bit.  I so love that people go about being unselfish and keeping it quiet.

• Came across this saying the other day.  If that's the case I should be really really wise.  Ha ha ha.  Not quite.  But still, it's a cute saying.

"I do not have gray hair, I have wisdom highlights."

• And yes, that's a picture of my feet.  In socks.  No shoes!!  Admittedly I'm wearing two pair of socks (for the extra bit of cushioning) and my compression anklet for my aching ankle (I don't think it has ever fully recovered from that awful sprain a couple summers ago and sometimes I wonder if the weather patterns exacerbate the dull ache) but I'm trying a day inside the house with no shoes.  I'm a sock person in the house, dislike shoes and yesterday I'd reached my absolute limit with them. They've been a wonderful help, and I'm thrilled to have shoes that reduce the pain in my feet.  But today I'm feeling lighter in my step, by far, without them.  I'm walking carefully, and slowly, but so far, so good.  It'll be nice to be all healed.

• Came across this article this morning and loved it.  She's one columnist I try to never miss, she's always got some good thoughts.  I'll bet she's a wonderful mom.  I hope my kids all understand that I tried.  I know I wasn't the best and there are lots of regrets, but I did try to do my best.

Remember

I'm grateful today for feet that are feeling well enough to go shoe-less in the house.  For dinner with friends (courtesy of The Husband's Christmas bonus from his employer) to look forward to.  For a treadmill to help me with my morning walk when I daren't go outside for fear I'll slip. For those who are good examples to me. And for hope. I always need hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment