Pictures and Vegetables

Fresh-picked corn, zucchini, cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, plums and peaches have graced our table (and our tummies) thanks to the kindness of friends and neighbors.  Every time I pass through the kitchen and notice the produce or prepare it for our consumption my heart grows in gratitude for the kindness and generosity of others.  And I'm filled with anticipation of our own bounty we hope to grow this next summer.

I've read a few things that have been wandering the corridors of my mind.  First:  I read the other day that a blog is boring without pictures.  I'm not-so-great at incorporating pictures in my blog.  But I will endeavor to make this "spot-in-the-cloud" less boring and try to include more visuals. (That means taking more pictures - never been great at that.) Should have taken a picture or two on our bike ride this morning.  16.18 miles deserves some sort of honorarium, at least that's what I think.

Second:  Had a discussion with The Husband this morning about being an independent thinker because of something I read yesterday.  I've been known to say on repeated occasions that I consider myself one of those.  I'm not really good at being a sheep. Prefer to come to my own considered conclusions and then act according to my conscience.  Still, though, I'm a work in progress, and I continue to learn.

Third:  Picked up some Nonni's Biscotti at Costco the other day.  Having a hard time parceling them out over time.  They are just the perfect crunchy - not too hard to bite, but not soggy, just as twice-baked breadstuff should be.  Love them.

And fourth:  a few of the words to a hymn we sang on Sunday haven't left my mind.  "Make us Thy true undershepherds, give us a love that is deep..."  Haven't noticed that word before:  Undershepherd.  We often speak of the Savior as a shepherd, watching out for each one of us, helping us to find our way Home, keeping us together and safe.  Is there a more desirable position than to be The Savior's undershepherd - and to have that deep, abiding love for others?


No comments:

Post a Comment