Coat Of Many Colors

I didn't post yesterday - didn't want to share my "bleghh"-ness.  I rarely wake up ornery, but yesterday was a doozy.  Before I was even halfway across the bedroom after sliding out from under the covers I just was mad.  I woke up mad and mostly stayed that way all day long.  Feelings are hurt and it makes me upset  and yes, I do need to grow up.  Even when The Husband was doing his best to cheer me up it just wasn't happening - I even responded to his texts to not make me laugh - I just wasn't ready yet.

I really don't recall ever waking up feeling quite that angry/hurt/upset before.  And frankly, I guess I just didn't quite know how to handle it.  Although the wonderful chocolate filled chocolate cake at Applebee's for dinner dessert was a huge benefit.  Too bad dinner was so late in the day. I should have resorted to chocolate earlier.  Next time it will be my first remedy.

Anyway, I noticed in the shower that this skin on my body is currently a coat of many colors.  I have multiple layers of tan - everywhere.  I am my normal color wherever my swimsuit covered.  My thighs have several gradations of tan, from where my swimsuit stopped, to the shorts I was wearing over the swimsuit to the tan from the capris I wore all summer.

You can see the strap line from my suit, and then the v on my neck from the shirt I wore and the farmer-sleeve tan lines.






The most marked is the (formerly) angry red rash on my feet from the sun sensitivity.  It's healing much more quickly now and is down to about 15% of the original size and color.  Lots of teensy red bumps/blisters, itching, pain.  I have the same thing on my ankles.  I'm thinking I might next be stuck wearing socks on the beach when the sun is beating down.  It's a small price to pay for the loveliness of being at the beach.

In the meantime, I'll look at the many colors on my skin and remember how much fun it was to be at the beach.


1 comment:

  1. Sending hugs your way! Chocolate maybe doesn't solve anything - but it cure can't hurt!

    ReplyDelete