Pictures

Haven't ever really been good at photography.  In the old days, it was w-a-y too expensive to have the pictures developed.  Consequently I never got in the habit of seeing a picture in the everyday.

Then, along came the smartphone.  (Thanks, former employer, for gifting The Husband a couple phones, one of which he gifted to me!)  Which included a camera.  Which is most always in the pocket of my jeans.  Which has encouraged me to keep an eye out for things to capture in picture form.

Until today....when I walked out of the house without my phone; without my camera.  On a day when I saw several things I wished to snap.

Obligingly, The Husband snapped a shot of the melted-snow-turned-to-water-that-froze around the base of this tree.  Very slick (as ice is wont to be)!!

We managed to get our errands done, run into a previous neighbor from years ago (and man, does he look old!) and yet another neighbor from not quite so many years ago (she hasn't changed a bit) and prompt numerous people to stop in and get an ice cream when we advertised the ice cream by sitting on the bench outside the cafe at Scheel's licking our $.79 cones.

Today's gratitude: listening to the older woman say to her husband as she handed him her cellphone -  "He's locked out of the house and the battery's dead" and being thankful this was their particular emergency, not ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment