Good and A Little Less So

Good:  Out on the trail this morning, I watched a jet leave contrail that shone in the moonlight. Stunning.  I also heard the roosters call to the sun to get up, watched the sun rise in answer, saw horses receive breakfast and watched a skunk scurry across a yard.  What a lovely way to begin the day.

Lost hat.
A little less good:  I'm accustomed to seeing odd bits of stray and forgotten clothing along the trail - like a hat here or a single glove there.  But it isn't often I see a single sock.  Really?  Someone's toes must be very cold.  (It was only 31 degrees out.)
Someone's toes are cold.

Good:  I often see both perspectives on a problem.  That can help me be more understanding.

A little less good:  Because I often see both perspectives I'm often conflicted.  Like I am now.  Like both The Husband and I are.
Dislike feeling conflicted.  Want the way to be crystal clear.

Love these socks!
Good:  having a productive day completing my Visiting Teaching, getting all the laundry done, the pantry filled, a baby gift delivered.

A little less good:  having an unfulfilled craving for some sweet treat that I have pledged to avoid.

Good:  my fun moose covered socks brought to me  by a dear friend after her Alaskan cruise.

Good:  comfy shoes for my aching arthritic feet.

Good:  Something good to read, a project to work on and a new song to learn for accompanying someone in church.

Good:  having adult children (and other people) reach out in kindness instead of expecting me to do all the heavy lifting in a relationship.

Good:  knowing what to fix for dinner, and having all the supplies handy.  And having plenty of food.

I'm thinking the good far outweighs the little less good.  I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment